What Can Wash Away My Sin?

Yesterday, while walking past a vineyard I was tempted to pick some grapes along someone's fence as I had done on previous times. However, this time I was feeling guilty, so I didn't take any.

This 'feeling' was the Holy Spirit telling me in His quiet way that it is wrong to steal. The previous times I ignored Him but this time I listened and obeyed.

But if we ignore God, it becomes easier to ignore Him the next time and here is the danger of ignoring the Holy Spirit: our heart will get hardened which can lead to loosing our salvation if we don't repent.

Years ago, I joined a group of pro-life folks who would talk to the girls about alternatives besides abortion. And because I had an abortion, I could speak from experience. One day while in front of an abortion clinic in Atlanta, a woman holding her Bible high walked by with a pregnant girl saying, "God will forgive us!"

My heart broke then and does now as I think about the things I've done in the past with the mindset, "God will forgive me" or "this isn't that big a deal".

Is this how Christians should live? Will God always forgive us no matter what? Is it possible to go too far? Will a person who claims to be saved by grace but lives like the devil go to heaven? Can our name be blotted out of the Book of Life?

These are important questions we each need to resolve by reading the Word of God. Why take the chance?

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus Christ Who died, rose from the dead and is coming back one day.

Acts 3

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

2 Peter 2

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

1 John 1

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

No comments: