Is it a Wonderful Life?


Tonight (well, it's after midnight, so last night) I watched again the classic 1946 movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" starring James Stewart and Donna Reed.

It's the story of a man who becomes so frustrated with life that he seriously considers suicide, only to be rescuded by Clarence, his guardian angel, who shows him what life would have been like if he had not been born. In the end, he repents and comes to really appreciate life, his family and his friends more than ever.

But the part that hit me hard for the first time was thinking about all the babies that never got a chance to live because they were aborted.

What would their life have been like?

What about the baby I aborted?

This is so painful to think about.

Through my selfishness, I made the wrong choice and will always regret it. Thinking about all the people who never got the chance to live because they were killed in the womb brings me to tears.

Recently, I began to volunteer again with a local crisis pregnancy center and this is causing me to think about the past, so I need to come to terms with my actions. It is only by the grace of God and the forgiveness of sin through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ that I find any hope or peace in all this. I find comfort in the Word of God.

In Matthew 11, Jesus says:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No matter what we have done, when we put our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, it is a wonderful life!


source

WATCH ALL PARTS

No comments: