Don't Be Duped

College Mind Mangling: What They Did To Us

By John Selby
December 21, 2010
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-selby/college-mind-mangling-wha_b_799485.html

Lest we forget -- history shows that there's just no limit to what our own government will do in the name of anti-terrorism. Here's an absolutely true account of what they did to me back when I was in college. Beware so this doesn't happen again.

I was my class's token cowboy at Princeton back in 1966, it wasn't an easy time, with the draft ready to gobble us up as soon as we tossed our graduation caps. I ended up in the Psych department where I saw a note on the bulletin board, innocent as could be, offering good pay to participate in a set of hypnosis experiments. Up for anything that pushed limits back then, I applied.

For the next two years I drove my motor bike 6 miles out of Princeton to the NJ Neuro-Psychiatric Institute's research center where I was hypnotized 3 afternoons a week, and given conditions that seriously messed with my perception of reality, supposedly to see if they could induce mystic states of consciousness, and also psychotic states, through mind manipulation.

Well, yeah, they could. Radical experiences. I later became a psychologist and have used some of the insights from those days in my meditation programs. But under the surface of this early research, as I soon found out when I was considered "safe," was very radical LSD research. I wasn't against that -- in fact under controlled sessions, it was amazing -- what a thing consciousness proved to be, when unleashed!

But the experiments got weirder and weirder -- until finally I literally had to run away -- ending up in San Francisco in 1969 with my head on backwards and just totally gone from reality for over a year.

Only when the CIA was forced to reveal their secret documents about MC ULTRA (their clandestine mind-manipulation research program that spanned 20 years) did I find out that I'd been caught up in the CIA's ultra-nasty habit of totally disregarding human costs in trying to come up with mind-manipulation tools that would disorient an enemy. Yipes.

Recently I dug into those memories and wrote a novel about my experiences following the Princeton experiments, doing my best to be fair to all sides, but I found that I could barely dramatize, let alone forgive, the professionals who had taken CIA MK-ULTRA money (laundered, as was later proven, through NIH) and at temporarily driven me out of my mind. Even as fiction based on fact, it's a wild ride.

And I wonder -- what are those same type of CIA people up to these days? What are they doing around the world with human beings' lives, in the name of finding a better way to fight terrorists? And to what extent are terrorists around the world fighting against that side of our national aura that hits them in the face once too often, even though most of us at home don't know what's going on at all?

As long as we think we're the holy good guys, and project all our own dirty nastiness out onto the world beyond our borders, we're lost in illusion. When I got my own CIA dossier released through the Freedom of Information Act 25 years ago, I was aghast. As an innocent college kid, I got sucked into something truly sinister that my own government was doing to its own people.

Get this: the supposed psychedelic-revolution leaders Tim Leary and Humphrey Osmond, who were on the board of the research institute where I worked, they knew it was CIA stuff. Tim was even working for them for a number of years... all I can say is, look out: don't be duped like we were duped.

Can any of us really relax and assume that something parallel to MK-ULTRA isn't happening right now on or own campuses, or right next door? Both of my sons are in college right now, which is why I'm taking time to write down this early history

Do you think the CIA or whoever is still secretly doing this kind of stuff?

--- end ---

COMMENT

"I can tell you from first hand accounts portions of what MKULTRA has evolved into. There's a reason they made Project Bluebird to distract people from ARTICHOKE to MKULTRA - one of them was reliable, one of them is not."

--- end ---

THE KILLING ROOM is a 2009 movie and here's the plot according to Wikipeida:
Four individuals sign up for a psychological research study only to discover that they are now subjects of a brutal, modern version of the Project MKULTRA indoctrination program.[2] One by one, the subjects are brought into a large, white room, in which the tables and chairs have been bolted to the floor. They are each given a questionnaire to fill out. In the meantime, a researcher enters the room, ostensibly to give an overview of the study. He indicates to the subjects—three men and a woman—that the study will take approximately eight hours to complete, at which time they will each be paid $250. Upon completing his introduction, the researcher shoots the female subject in the head with a gun and promptly leaves the room. Over the next few hours, the remaining three male subjects will be subjected to additional physical and psychological brutality. Only one subject will survive the ordeal. In the end, it is revealed that the goal of the covert program is to achieve in human civilians a phenomenon similar to apoptosis in cells (a comparison noted in the film), by developing "civilian weapons" akin to suicide bombers.



WHERE IS OUR HOPE?

1Th 1:3
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father

1Th 2:19
For what [is] our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? [Are] not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

2Th 2:16
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace

1Ti 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, [which is] our hope

Tts 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

1Pe 1:3
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

1Pe 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ

No comments: