My God Shall Suppy All Your Need According to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.

Wanted to share this with you...

Back in 1999, I quit my very secure job with Agilent/Hewlett-Packard in Atlanta, GA as I believed the Lord wanted me on the mission field and even though greatly in debt, I moved to Florida to attend Bible school with little money but lots of hope.

After one of my short term mission trips, I called my atheist aunt who I had written again about the Lord to tell her about my adventure. Hospice answered. Surprised, I again shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ with her to which she said, “I don’t believe it”. As always, when I asked if I could pray for her, she would say, “Well, I can’t stop you” and I would pray right then on the phone with her. Me being in Florida and she being in California, I didn’t see her during this time.

My sister was giving me a hard time about bothering her, but I called again to see how she was doing, not realizing this would be our last conversation. The hospice worker, a very sweet Christian, said she was unable to speak but could listen, so she put the phone up to her ear. Again I told her of God’s love for her and the gift of eternal life through faith in His Son, Jesus, who died on the cross for her sin and then rose from the dead after 3 days, giving us eternal life. Then I told her that even though she could not talk, she could pray in her mind something like, “Heavenly Father, I believe Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for me and I want Him to be Lord and Savior of my life. Please forgive me of my sin I pray in Jesus name.” Then I again prayed for her. When the hospice worker took the phone back, I asked her if my aunt responded at all. She said she was nodding her head. Three days later, my aunt died. I had told the hospice worker to read the Bible to her whenever she could and in faith, I believe my aunt is in heaven.

Now, here’s the amazing part. Unbeknown to me, my aunt had left me an inheritance which not only got me completely out of debt but help support my mission work across atheistic Europe! ISN’T GOD GOOD?!!!!!!

Very blessed and thankful,
Cathy

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

1 comment:

Brenda James said...

Aww, how cool.. what an awesome God we serve! What you did is priceless.. LOVED FREELY.